Autumn Term 2017
Class Newsletter 4L
I am pleased with the positive start to the year made by 4L. They have responded to their new classroom and routines well. With your support, 4L will continue to make good academic progress and to mature as individuals and as a class.
Please see below for details and dates.
- English: biography / autobiography / fantasy short stories / recounts / poetry to perform;
- Maths: number and place value / place value and decimals / percentages / angles and polygons / fractions and subtraction / multiplication and division / multiplication / data handling / time and data / place value and subtraction / calculation / problem solving;
- Science: sound / electricity;
- Topic: history of St. Winifred’s school;
- Art: clay;
- PE: ball games;
- ICT: Scratch coding.
- Daily reading: 15 minutes minimum (books collected Tuesday). Children should keep a record of pages read nightly. Please encourage your children to read a variety of literature including newspapers, magazines and comics;
- Spelling: given out on Monday, tested following Monday;
- English: set on Tuesday, collected following Tuesday;
- Maths: set on Friday, collected following Friday. Children are encouraged to visit ‘My Maths’ online continually, either to reinforce class work, or to help with gaps in understanding.
- Monday: Italian / music / mental maths test / spelling test
- Tuesday: English homework / topic / drama
- Wednesday: science / RE
- Thursday: RE / art / PE
- Friday: maths homework / singing / PE
Dates for the diary:
Please Note: the Year 4 residential trip to Carroty Wood will be Monday 19th – Wednesday 21st March 2018
Friday 22nd – INSET day
Thursday 12th – trip to Chistlehurst Caves
Friday 20th – break up for half-term break
Tuesday 31st – children back from half-term break
Monday 20th – trip to Royal Academy of Art
Wednesday 8th – parents’ evening
Thursday 9th – parents’ evening
TBC – 4L Christmas production
TBC – trip to see the ‘Velveteen Rabbit’ at the Unicorn Theatre
Wednesday 20th – Advent reflection at 9:30am. Class parties. Break up for Christmas Holidays. Children return to school on 3rd January.
Thank you for your support in advance. If you have any worries or concerns, please come and see me in the playground after school for a quick chat, or contact me by email.
Mr. D. Loughnane