Remember the Rules
The Internet is a great place for resources, games and fun!
But we must always be aware that it is also a PUBLIC PLACE.
These rules will keep me safe and help me to be fair to others.
- I will only use the school’s computers for schoolwork and homework.
- I will only edit or delete my own files and not look at, or change, other people’s files without their permission.
- I will keep my logins and passwords secret.
- I will not bring files into school without permission or upload inappropriate material to my workspace.
- I am aware that some websites and social networks have age restrictions and I should respect this.
- I will not attempt to visit Internet sites that I know to be banned by the school.
- I will only e-mail people I know, or a responsible adult has approved.
- The messages I send, or information I upload, will always be polite and sensible.
- I will not open an attachment, or download a file, unless I know and trust the person who has sent it.
- I will not give my home address, phone number, send a photograph or video, or give any other personal information that could be used to identify me, my family or my friends, unless a trusted adult has given permission. I will never arrange to meet someone I have only ever previously met on the Internet, unless my parent/carer has given me permission and I take a responsible adult with me.
- If I see anything I am unhappy with or I receive a message I do not like, I will not respond to it but I will show a teacher / responsible adult.
Have fun, be safe…and never share your personal details online! Check out the links below for more advice and fun ways to find how to be safe online
Links to advice on safe internet use: